Friday, December 23, 2011

"Gal" Friday! Jingle Belle

Although I supposedly "swore" off of live Christmas trees last year, I caved. It only took a few days, but the stealth Triffid otherwise known as a Fraser fir finally tail-gunned my sinuses. I've been wallowing in "les miserable" since mid-week and semi-hating on my three grown children for cajoling me into this for the holidays - yet again. No more! I swear.
As is, I hadn’t given much thought to who this weeks “gal” Friday selection could possibly be; too many to choose from – as always. So, I’m calling a late Friday afternoon audible for the impending holiday weekend and going with Jingle Belle the cutie pie cartoon character created by Paul Dini. She's Santa Claus' spoiled teen-age daughter, whose stories depict Jingle's usually contentious relationship with her famous father.

The character has been featured in a variety of comic book mini-series and one-shots (all written by Dini) and also in a series of animated shorts (available on JingleBelle.com). She has been the subject of lots-o merchandise too, including a Jingle Belle statue, a Christmas ornament, a lunch box, and a t-shirt, featuring artwork by Bill Morrison. Illustrators who have brought her to life at Oni Press & Top Cow have included Morrison, Stephen DeStefano, J. Bone, Sergio Aragonés and Stephanie Gladden. The image (above) is by Greg Horn.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger