Thursday, September 15, 2011

DC Comics #1's [9/14/2011]

The relaunch of the DC Comics Universe continued unabated for titles arriving on September 14, 2011. As a reminder for any mythical "new" readers out there, my breakdown of how I personally view these "nu" 52 books as a longtime reader, consists of yours truly assorting them three ways based on how I viewed them as I window shopped in the store. Stuff that I liked will be categorized as BEST OF THE BATCH (with a single favorite choice highlighted in *bold each week). Titles worthy of trying out, that didn't prompt me to purchase, will be categorized as "EASTER EGGS", and relaunched books that weren't worth the money, were poorly thought out to begin with, or that sucked fumes, well, these are unfortunately considered "GOOSE EGGS". This week I was forced to add a fourth categorization, since two titles were lost in the shuffle and I missed seeing them on the shelves. There are a hundred other titles jockeying for space, so I have no opinion to offer on stuff that I'm gonna label "M.I.A." (missing in action; nuff said).

BEST OF THE BATCH
* Green Lantern #1 (a tough call between these two)
Red Lanterns #1

EASTER EGGS
Batwoman #1
Demon Knights #1
Legion Lost #1
Mister Terrific #1

GOOSE EGGS
Batman and Robin #1
Deathstroke #1
Resurrection Man #1
Grifter #1
Superboy #1

M. I. A.
Frankenstein, Agent Of Shade #1
Suicide Squad #1

See ya' next week, and remember not to hate - To Each His Own!

 
Powered by Blogger